Sunday, July 3, 2011

Where have I been?

I've been busy! I will confess that although I enjoy having a blog, there are times when I have so many other things I want to be doing. This post will catch you up on some of the fun activities I have attended while I have been away from my blog. I attended the ATHA Region I hook in several months ago and it was an enjoyable day. Here are some pictures of the venue and some of the beautiful rugs on display.








After that I went to Jeanne Fallier's studio "The Rugging Room". She is elderly, and has been teaching for many decades in Massachusetts. She is selling many items from her studio including patterns, wool and the rights to her designs. She is an inspiration, full of knowledge and it was such a nice visit.




I also went to the annual Spa, Knit and Spin weekend held in Freeport at the end of February. It is a weekend when you just make your hotel reservations 6 months in advance and show up. About 400 other knitters and spinners will also show up. No one knows how many people attend because there is no registration. We all gather and take over the lobbys, eating areas, pools and all large spaces of 3 hotels that are a short walk apart. Of course every year there is a blizzard, and this year it was predicted for Friday so everyone showed up on Thursday. Cancelling is not an option! Here are some shots of spinners...

Several people brought antique sock machines and great wheels.


There is a fashion show and an Ugly Sweater contest. I loves this cape and the sweaters this year were...quite ugly!


And there were vendors. The SPA is set up by a handful of volunteers. Nothing is scheduled except the fashion show. There were also some needle felters...

Well, those are a few of the fun ways I have been keeping busy since you last heard from me. I will update you more in my next post, which I promise will be soon!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I was thinking about you this week and wondering what you have been up to. Looks like a lot of fun and you reminded me why I love rug hooking, really beautiful pieces.

Debbie