Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fiber Slutting





I was invited to spend a relaxing day at the home of someone who worked with my dear friend Laura. Her friend Sue wanted to gather some friends for a day of "Fiber Slutting". That was a new term to me! It was to be a day when we sat and worked on our crafts with no outside interferance. And it was!

We had a nice snowstorm going on outside and were entertained by a squirrel just outside the wondow trying to get into the bird feeder. Sue has two cats, one mellow fellow and a frisky kitten (who loved fiber!) They also enjoyed looking at the squirrel.

We all had different projects...wheel spinning...knitting and drop spindling. No one brought rug hooking but perhaps I will the next time! Pot luck food was in abundance and we enjoyed creamy pasta, a delicious breakfast casserole, lunch meats, fresh fruit scones and more.

Sue's kitten helped re-arrange our yarn, and her dog supervised the affair.





It was a lovely day and I made some new fiber loving friends. I also revealed to Laura that another "kidnapping" is being planned for the end of February. Once or twice a year I give her dates and tell her to reserve that time. I let her know what to bring as far as clothes, but I don't reveal where we are going until we get there, and she doesn't ask! Of course I ask her husband's permission but he always lets me kidnap her. We have enjoyed kidnappings to the Shelburne rug show, Fiber Frolic in Maine, Brimfield Antiques Festival and other fun places. She will love where I'm taking her this time! Girlfriend's Getaway!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like a fun day and wonderful ladies to spend it with.

Debbie

Rosie said...

Oh that sounds like a fantastic day! Just to be able to craft to your hearts content. Sounds like bliss to me! Happy New Year to you and your family. Rosie x

Kathy (woolfind) said...

What a great time to spend with your friends. Love the new term lol. Happy New Year to you!

Kimichris said...

That is a fantastic idea! Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day!!

Sue L.O. said...

MizT ... we had a wonderful time. Thanks for playing along. Can't wait for the next one.
Sue