Friday, August 1, 2008

An Award!!!





My Goodness! I got a wonderful honor from my internet friend Trudy! It's the "Blogger Award", and it makes me smile to know that she thought of me. Trudy has so many talents, and seems to have a wonderful family who keep her busy all the time. She doesn't know that her encouraging words over the months that I have known her have been both motivating and inspiring to me. I'm sure that I am not the only one whom she had held under her inspiring wing. Thank you Trudy!
My chosen winners of the prestigious BLOGGER AWARD are (drumroll please!):
Heidi Wulfraat: http://thewoolworks.blogspot.com/
Debbie St. Germain: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-ZyS8q8kjcq7UA87mCjryCA--?cq=1
Brenda Gervais: http://www.withthyneedleandthread.blogspot.com/
Gene Shepherd: http://www.geneshepherd.com/blog1/
Deanne Fitzpatrick: http://www.hookingrugs.com/newspage.html (scroll way, way down for her diary)
Honorable Mention: Linda Repasky

Now, the rules for accepting the award are pretty straightforward:
1.The winner may put this logo on her blog!
2.Post a link to the person who gave you the award!
3.Nominate 5 of your favorite blogs and post their links!
4.Leave a message for them on their blog! So, here goes:

Trudy at Bits of Wool awarded me this honour. I am being challenged to make these links "clickable", so if you need to please go to my links area on the right to access them easily. Now, I have chosen my favourite blogs.....and it was hard!!!

1. Heidi Wulfraat's blog at London Wul Fiber Arts in New Brunswick. I met Heidi at Deanne Fitzpatrick's symposium last fall and envied many aspects of the life she has chosen. She has a farm full of wooly critters and her blog posts often remind me of a James Herriot novel with her tales about her life with the animals and the care involved. I am not surprised that she has a bit of a veterinary background. She spins the most glorious textured yarns that you have to touch to appreciate. Her dye pots always seem full and her variegated wool colors curl my toes with pleasure!

2. With Thy Needle and Thread. Brenda Gervais uses the most wonderful subdued colors and creates beautiful patterns for rug hooking, punchneedle and stitchery. I find her blog to be a relaxing tour of the rural country and gardens, and it helps me gain insight into her inspirations. She is one of my favorite designers for punchneedle.

3. Deanne Fitzpatrick. Deanne has more of a journal or diary, but perhaps we can encourage her to start a blog. Attending Deanne's symposium last year enabled me to understand that every one of us has a creative thread within us. Her speakers encouraged us to experiment and to not be afraid to try new things in order to find our niche. That was an important lesson for me, and her blog is both a teaching tool for design as well as an affirmation that daydreaming about our loves and lives is wonderful. It's just amazing what you can learn about yourself on a walk along the ocean or with a cuppa tea. Thank you Deanne...for allowing me to relax and create without worrying too much about criticism for not following "the rules".

4. Debbie St. Germain (Woolen Sails). I consider Debbie another internet friend and we have a lot in common including our enjoyment of kayaking, nature and the fiber arts. She is an incredibly creative person and I enjoy reading her blog posts to see what she has been working on. She has created wonderful booklets containing patterns with themes such as Halloween designs and fractur designs. Be sure to check out the links on her blog to see what she is currrently selling for patterns as they are great designs for both punchneedle and rug hooking.

5. Gene Shepherd. One of the first books that I purchased was the Rug Hooker's Bible, and it taught me the basics that I needed to know as I picked up my hook for the first time. As I progress I continue to refer to that book as a teaching tool. Gene has a wonderful way with words and I enjoy the lessons, information and wonderful photo's that are found on his blog. I have learned a lot from him and he is another of my inspiring teachers on the internet.

Honorable Mention: Linda Repasky (Woolen Whimsies). I could not leave Linda out because she is one of the best teachers that I know, but I do not believe she has a blog. Perhaps this will encourage her to start one. She should! We are both members of the Primitive Punchneedle group, and she is able to answer every question that comes to the group clearly and patiently. I have met up with her several times and she is a genuinely nice and caring person who is constantly giving of herself to others. Her words are always positive, and that is so important to someone like myself who wants honesty but fears rejection. She is able to put the negative into a positive and guide me toward my goals. Thanks Linda...for all you do for your wooly friends! Hugs!

No comments: