Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ahhh...the Way Life Should Be...

Maine...the way life should be. That is our State motto, and reflects the slower pace that we often have in the North East. Well...until the tourists arrive! We have had a houseguest from Tennessee for a weeek, and all of our guests are served a a meal of lobster (lobstah) during their stay. I took this photo as the men were washing up for dinner.


Lobster taste good when they come from Maine or Nova Scotia waters as the water is iceburg cold. They can live to be over 100 years old, and I believe it takes them about 6 years to grow a pound in size. The largest lobster ever caught was over 44 pounds! Dinner is over, and the table is cleaned of butter drips. I'm heading to go hook on my rug for awhile and spend time with the men.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Lauri, this sure looks good. I guess I'm going to have my MIL ship some lobsters here to the plains since the price of gas keeps us from making the trip.

I don't envy you the influx of tourists but the webcams sure showed that traffic was down. There are times when I miss the lighthouse where we lived for two years but I don't miss the 5 million people a year in my yard!

Miz T. said...

You lived at a lighthouse? Where?Wonderful! I love lighthouses, and try to keep up with what is happening with the ones in the north east. So many are run down and no one can afford to fix them up. Too sad. I wouldn't mind living on one on an island. Less tourists that way!

Brenis said...

Mmmmm mmmm Lauri!! Omgosh that looks sooo good!! Thanks for the tummy tease! LOL! :)