Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Beginnings

I have been inspired to begin a journal as there are so many moments that I wish to share with others. I hope to share the strength of my friendships, the challenges of my experiments and the progress of my numerous projects. This is my first attempt at blogging, so please bear with me as I figure it out.

Our critters are an entertaining part of our lives, so my first attempt to insert a photo will be of our cat Tiggy. Tiggy came into my life when I took a donation of pet food to the local shelter on behalf of my sorority Beta Sigma Phi. Little did I know that this tiny cat who purrs like a Harley would become such a part of my life. She is now 21 and still climbs trees like a kitten. She often acts more like a dog than a cat, and understands many commands normally reserved for dogs. Invariably she can be found sleeping anywhere from a bookshelf to my pile of wool to the top of the refrigerator. She is a pleasure.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Hi Lauri...YAY for you...you started a blog!!! I will post the link in my blog so that I remember visit you often. Your kitty is beautiful in her old age...